How to Effectively Clean Your Fountain Pen
How to Refill Using an Ink Bottle & Converter
How to Change the Cartridge of Your Fountain Pen
How to Clean Your Nib
- Remove the cartridge or converter.
- Flush the nib and gripping section with cool water.
- A converter not being used for ink can be used to flush the nib by drawing cool water up through the nib and forcing the water out.
- Lightly blow air through the nib assembly to clear all liquid out of the nib.
- Dry the nib and gripping section with a lint-less soft cloth.
- Repeat this several times, then dry the nib and gripping section with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- If a pen clogs, place the nib and gripping section in a cup of cool water.
- Let the nib and gripping section soak up to 24 hours. Parker ink is water-soluble and will dissolve in water.
- Remove the front end from the water and rinse it with a slow stream of cool water.
- Gently blow into the nib assembly to remove any excess water.
- We recommend that you dry the nib and gripping section with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- You may now place a new ink cartridge or an ink converter into the front end.
How to Store Your Pen
The nib should remain writing point up when not in use. The ink will drain down into the converter or cartridge. This avoids drying or clogging of the nib.
Placing your pen into a pen case or pouch will protect the pen from being scratched, keeping the finish looking new.
When flying, store your pen with the writing point upright when not in use. Ensure that either a full cartridge or converter is inserted or remove the existing cartridge/converter prior to the flight.
How to Remove an Ink Stain on Clothing
Amodex is a highly effective stain remover for most inks and safe to use on all fabrics, surfaces and skin.
Never place clothing in the dryer unless the stain is completely gone as heat will set the stain and permanently damage clothing.
Ink, Bottle & Cartridge
Parker Quink inks and refills are specially formulated to ensure faultless performance and an optimum writing experience.
Nib Exchange Program
If you are not entirely satisfied by the nib of your fountain pen, request a nib exchange to better suit your individual writing style.